Sam Smith says they “definitely” had coronavirus but didn’t get tested

Sam Smith has claimed they “100%” had coronavirus.

The Grammy-winning artist revealed in an interview with Zane Lowe on Apple Music that although they haven’t been tested for COVID-19, they displayed all the symptoms and entered into a period of self-isolation as a result.

“I didn’t get tested but I know I had it. I 100% had it. Everything I’ve read completely pointed to that. So yeah, I think I definitely had it,” explained Sam, adding that their sister displayed the same symptoms shortly after, so they both self-isolated.

Fortunately, Sam said they’re feeling better now, adding: “As everyone was kind of really on lock down, that’s when I got over it, luckily.”

Last month, Sam announced that their highly-anticipated third studio album To Die For would be delayed and would also get a name change, explaining at the time that it “doesn’t feel right” for them to release the record during a global pandemic.

Addressing the delay in their Apple Music interview, Sam explained: “I have an album ready to go whenever this all calms down or whenever it feels right. There’s a whole record there to go.”

While there was no hint on a release date or new album title, Sam did say previous singles might not appear on the final tracklist.

“I don’t even know if I’m going to put Dancing with a Stranger on there. And How Do You Sleep and To Die For. I think might take them off and do something completely fresh and it’ll be a completely new album,” they revealed.

Sam released their new single I’m Ready, an epic collaboration with Demi Lovato, last Friday. The sports-themed music video featured appearances from many in the LGBTQ community including Drag Race stars Gigi Goode and Valentina – you can watch that below.

Comments

More

Larry Kramer, playwright and AIDS activist, dies aged 84

Drag Race UK stars performing live at fundraiser to save The Clapham Grand

C’mon Zoom! Michelle Visage spills the T on lockdown and her new BBC series

8 terrifying themes we want to see on spin-off series American Horror Stories

myGWork launches WorkPride, a virtual conference to strengthen LGBTQ+ workplace inclusion

This new podcast series will celebrate diverse voices in our community during Pride Month

Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande are Chromatica weather girls in hilarious new video

Bi Pride UK will return this year for a virtual extravaganza

Press enter to search