Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions
This Service is owned and operated by GAY TIMES Ltd., a company registered in England with company number 10611094 with its registered office at 133, Whitechapel High Street, E1 7QA.
Where we use the term “Service” we mean any website, mobile site, app, application and/or other service, regardless of how distributed, transmitted, published, or broadcast and any related pages and Content, under our control.
Where we refer to “Content” we mean all content, information and material, including software, technology, text, links, posts, messages, emails, music, sound, graphics, pictures, video, games and all audio visual or other material available on or through the Service, whether posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available by us, our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers, or by you, and/or other users or third parties.
You understand and agree that we may add to or change these terms and conditions at any time. New terms and conditions are effective immediately upon posting to the Service. Your continued use of the Service shall constitute on-going acceptance of these terms and conditions, as updated from time-to-time. We therefore recommend that you check this page regularly.
CONTENT & COPYRIGHT T&Cs
The mention or appearance or likeness of any person in articles or advertising in GAY TIMES magazine or on gaytimes.co.uk, is not to be taken as any indication of sexual, social or political orientation of such persons or organisations.
No responsibility can be taken for any unsolicited materials and submission is construed as permission to publish without further correspondence. No part of this publication or its website can be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form without prior written permission from the publishers or without payment ot its digital delivery partners.
When posting comments or sharing articles from GAY TIMES with friends and other groups remember to act responsibly, politely and supportively. GAY TIMES will not tolerate threatening and abuse comments. When linking to other GAY TIMES pages on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, remember to also abide by their terms and conditions including posting of imagery as well as texts.
Third party links, service providers and linking to the Service
The Service may include links to services supplied by or operated by third parties including advertisers and other content providers. We do not control such linked services, and are not responsible for their content, functionality or legality. Those third parties may collect data or solicit personal information from you; we are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those services may collect. Linking to any other service or website from this Service is at your own risk.
The Service may also include certain features, functionality, and/or content that may be hosted, administered, supplied by or operated by third party service providers, such as social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, blogs, auctions, shopping, payment processing. These service providers may require that you agree to their additional terms, conditions, contracts, agreements and/or rules. Your compliance with any such additional terms, conditions, contracts, agreements and/or rules is solely your responsibility and will have no effect on your continuing obligation to comply with these terms and conditions. GAY TIMES Ltd. specifically disclaims any and all liability in connection with the acts or omissions of such third party service providers.
Any service that links to or otherwise interacts with this Service must not:
- Create a frame or any other browser or border environment around our Content, unless previously agreed with us;
- Harvest or scrape Content either from our pages, databases or our feeds and reuse for its own or public use, unless previously agreed with us;
- Imply that GAY TIMES Ltd. is endorsing it or its products or services;
- Infringe any intellectual property or other right of any person;
- Contain content that could be construed as illegal, distasteful, offensive, controversial or otherwise detrimental to GAY TIMES Ltd.’s reputation or commercial interests.
GAY TIMES Ltd. expressly reserves the right to require that any link or activity which is in breach of these terms and conditions be removed and/or ceased, and to take whatever other action we deem appropriate.
Competitions and Prizes
From time to time we may run competitions, free prize draws and promotions on the Service. These are subject to the Competition Terms & Conditions and/or separate terms and conditions that will be made available in each instance.
All business is conducted and orders are only accepted subject to the Standard Terms & Conditions set out below. ‘The Publisher’ refers to GAY TIMES Ltd. and ‘The Advertiser’ refers to the party to whom the services are supplied.
- These conditions shall apply to all advertisements accepted for publication and shall supersede any previously published Terms and Conditions of business. Any other condition stipulated, incorporated, or referred to by the Advertiser in its Purchase Order or negotiations shall be void unless incorporated clearly in written instructions and specifically accepted by the Publisher.
- All advertisements are accepted subject to the Publisher’s approval of the copy and to the space being available.
- The Publisher reserves the right to refuse, omit, amend or suspend an advertisement at any time without explanation, in which case no claim on the part of the Advertiser for damages or breach of contract shall arise. Should omission or suspension of an advertisement be due to the act or default of the Advertiser or his servants or agents, then the space reserved shall be paid for in full notwithstanding that the advertisement has not appeared.
- Orders should be accompanied by an official Purchase Order or written instructions signed by a duly authorised person. It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to ensure that only authorised persons place orders. Verbal instructions and orders are only accepted on the understanding that the Publisher will not be responsible for mistakes arising there from. The Publisher cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions in advertisements that have not been supplied to our print-ready specifications. The Publisher cannot accept liability for any errors due to third parties or sub-contractors.
- The Advertiser will ensure that the advertisement does not contravene any Act of Parliament and is in no way illegal or defamatory, or an infringement of any other party’s rights or an infringement of the British Code of Advertising Practice. The Advertiser will indemnify the Publisher fully in respect of any claim made against the Publisher arising from the advertisement.
- Prices are as stated in the Media Pack or as agreed at the time and date of the order, and are exclusive of VAT at the current rate, which shall be charged in addition where applicable and unless otherwise indicated. Advertisement rates are subject to revision at any time, and orders are accepted on condition that the price binds the Publisher only in respect of the next issue to go to press. In the event of a rate increase the Advertiser will have the option to cancel the order without surcharge or continue the order at the revised cost.
- All new orders must be prepaid unless an approved credit account already exists. New credit accounts will only be opened after obtaining two trade references or a credit reference acceptable to the Publisher. Credit accounts will not be given to Sole Traders, non Limited Partnerships or any non-UK Advertiser.
- Approved credit accounts are subject to settlement in full in accordance with terms noted on invoices. PPA or NPA recognised advertising agencies will be allowed 10% commission on the quoted rates as appropriate provided payment is made by the due date and all other requirements are strictly complied with. The Publisher reserves the right to charge interest monthly in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 for late settlement of accounts from the due date up to the receipt of payment. For avoidance of doubt, the Publisher reserves the right to cancel any future Advertisements (irrespective of whether applicable deposits have been paid) if any payment is overdue.
- Any size, agency, or series discounts are given in consideration of settlement being made within the Publisher’s credit terms set out in clause 8. Failure to pay within these terms will result in full Rate Card being charged. If the Advertiser cancels the balance of a contract he relinquishes any right to a previously negotiated series discount and advertisements will be paid for at the full rate, unless the contract has been suspended by decision of the Publisher -see clauses 2,3, and 8.
- Charges will be made to the Advertiser or his agent where the printers are involved in extra production work owing to acts or defaults of the Advertiser or his servants or agents. Additional cost incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production will be charged, except if the whole or any part of such additional cost could have been avoided but for additional delay by the Publisher or his servants in ascertaining the unsuitability of materials so supplied.
- All property supplied to the Publisher by or on behalf of the Advertiser shall, while it is in the possession of the Publisher or agents of the Publisher, or in transit to or from the Advertiser, be deemed at the Advertiser’s risk unless otherwise agreed, and the Advertiser should insure accordingly. The Publisher shall be under no liability if it shall be unable to carry out any provision of the Contract for any reason beyond its control, including Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike, or other dispute. The Publisher reserves the right to destroy all artwork and associated materials which has been in its custody for 12 months from the date of its last appearance.
- At least four weeks’ notice in writing prior to copy date is required to stop or suspend an insertion.
- Complaints regarding reproduction or placement of advertisements must be made in writing and must be received within four weeks of the on-sale date of the issue in question.
- If copy instructions are not received by the relevant copy date, no guarantees can be given that the proofs will be supplied for corrections made, and the Publisher reserves the right to repeat the most appropriate copy available.
- These Terms and Conditions, together with the Media Pack, constitute the entirety of the Contract between the Publisher and the Advertiser. The Contract is deemed to take place at the offices of the Publisher. No variation of or addition to the same shall be of legal effect, and no employee or agent of the Publisher is authorised to make any representation binding upon the Publisher, unless such variation or addition is made in writing and signed by a Director of the company, GAY TIMES Ltd.
- These Terms and Conditions and all other express terms of the Contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
Updated: 01 August 2020