Who we are:
Our mission is to advance a world where LGBTQ+ people thrive. GAY TIMES has been a vital resource to LGBTQ+ people around the world for the past five decades, and we we are the most followed LGBTQ+ content brand in the world. GAY TIMES Group is made up of:
- GAY TIMES – our namesake content brand, with news coverage, magazine features, cover stories, podcasts, video interviews, and social editorial. We’re the world’s No.1 for LGBTQ+ audiences on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- GTX – our creative agency, which specialises in industry-leading strategy, brand content and production that directly connects brands with LGBTQ+ and global audiences.
- Amplifund – our international philanthropic charity partnership.
The Team and the Role:
We’re a small team with a big mission, and we operate in a startup-like environment. We work with agencies and brands on media partnerships and branded content campaigns across editorial, custom content, social, experiential, and more. Our achievements have been recognised across the industry: in 2022 we were proud to win Brand of the Year and Editorial Team of the Year at the British Media Awards, and Brand of the Year at the Drum Online Media Awards. You can find some examples of the work we’ve done on our GAY TIMES Group website: https://www.gaytimesgroup.com/
You’ll be joining our sales team, and be responsible for bringing in and closing deals with agencies and brands. You’ll source client briefs and work with our incredible internal creative, client services, and production teams to make sure those briefs come to life.
You’ll join us as a Partnerships Manager and will report directly to our Partnerships Director (Tiff), who’s our lead salesperson. Between you, you’ll build a strong pipeline of clients, connecting with brands, media and advertising agencies. You’ll be instrumental in helping us achieve our ambitious commercial targets, which will directly help us push our mission forward.
- Achieve a challenging but achievable revenue target.
- Build on long-lasting relationships with legacy clients.
- Establish and promote relationships with new clients.
- Build a pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with the client services, creative, editorial, and social teams to convert those opportunities into sales.
- Support the creative and strategy team in creating innovative new business pitches, aligning them with the client’s business objectives.
- Account lead for your assigned target clients.
- Update Salesforce and provide weekly pipeline reports.
- Provide post campaign reports to clients and present campaign findings.
Who we’re looking for:
Most of all, we need someone who will throw their all into our mission, and help us achieve our goals. We don’t need you to have any particular school or university qualifications. You should have at least two years’ experience in partnerships, client-facing roles or sales in general. We encourage you to apply if you’re someone who can demonstrate you have:
- Confidence. You’re not afraid to pick up the phone and energise our brand partners.
- Ability to build relationships with clients, to create a large pipeline of outbound leads.
- Entrepreneurial mindset. You are driven by impact and want to be measured by results.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You like getting to the bottom of what clients need, you ask questions, and you have an exceptional ability to articulate thoughts and concepts.
- High level of resilience. You can overcome client objections, and you’re a determined cold-caller.
- Great sense of self-motivation, ambition and determination. You will be operating in a small team, so need to be able to work independently with limited resources, be a team player, and prioritise tasks.
- Ability to pick up new technology and systems.
- Desire to learn about the space we operate in and the brands and agencies we work with.
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of media agency landscape
- Experience of account managing media campaigns
- Experience or enjoyment of public speaking, negotiation, social media marketing
- Understanding of CMS, MS Office, Keynote, and G Suite tools
- A competitive salary, depending on experience £30,000 – £38,000
- A rewarding commission structure
- Submit your CV and a cover letter, as a single pdf document via the LinkedIn “Easy Apply” function. (If you haven’t heard from us within 4 weeks, then unfortunately your application won’t have been successful. We’ll keep your CV and cover letter on file for future reference.)
- We’ll arrange a brief introductory call so that we can learn more about each other.
- Phone Interview with Tiff (our Partnerships Manager).
- Complete a sales-focused task.
- Final face-to-face interview with Tiff and George (our COO).