In Partnership with Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola and GAY TIMES are excited to announce the launch of Breakthrough, a new campaign in GB and Ireland, aimed at supporting independent musicians. We recognise that the music industry can be an extremely challenging space, particularly for those who identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community.
Breakthrough will offer selected musicians, DJs, and groups aged 18 and over a range of exciting paid opportunities, including valuable festival experience at the likes of Luno presents All Points East and other events, as well as performances at London and Brighton Pride as part of Coca-Cola’s Parade Float. Each selected act will also work with the GAY TIMES creative team on a bespoke photoshoot that will be amplified across both GB&I, enabling them to build their brand and connect with new fans.
In addition to these immediate opportunities, Coca-Cola and GAY TIMES will create a long-term collaboration with each selected act to ensure genuine impact for the talent involved in the campaign. We believe that this long-term partnership will be critical in supporting independent musicians to build sustainable careers and achieve lasting success.
Breakthrough is about more than just music. Coca-Cola and GAY TIMES are committed to promoting diversity, inclusivity, and self-expression, and we believe that supporting independent musicians is a vital part of that. By helping artists from all backgrounds and identities to gain visibility and recognition, we hope to make a positive impact and create a more inclusive and welcoming society for all.
Commenting on the campaign, Omar Sadiq-Baig Senior Brand Manager at Coca-Cola GB said: “Music has the power to bring people together and make a positive impact in the world. We are proud to be teaming up with GAY TIMES, a leading voice for the LGBTQ+ community, to help independent musicians from all walks of life gain recognition and support. The campaign connects our busy calendar of events together seamlessly.”
Josh Fletcher, ECD at GTX said: “The music industry can be incredibly competitive, but with the right opportunities and support, talented people within the community can break through. We are thrilled to be launching this campaign, and we are excited to discover and support the next generation of independent talent.”
If you are an independent musician, DJ, or group aged 18 and over, we want to hear from you. We are looking for talented acts with a unique sound and a passion for making a difference. Whether you are an established artist or just starting out, we want to help you take your career to the next level.
Please click here to apply for this opportunity and read the terms and conditions before applying.
Terms and Conditions:
- The Breakthrough campaign is open to independent or unsigned musicians, DJs, or groups aged 18 years old and above and to those based in the UK or Ireland. Successful applicants must be able to provide proof of age and residency in the UK or Ireland.
- Applicants must have original music and experience performing in a music venue or live event.
- All selected acts may have PR representation but must be independent or unsigned musicians.
- The selected acts will receive festival slots, professional-quality photoshoots, media amplification, and long-term collaboration with GAY TIMES to further their career.
- Selected acts must be available to attend a photo shoot in Central London on 25th May and must be available to attend Pride in London or Brighton Pride, as well as selected Uk and Ireland festivals. Selected acts must also participate in interviews with GAY TIMES and wider media to promote the opportunity.
- Applicants must apply via official channels using a Typeform link access by gaytimes.co.uk and via social channels.
- The decisions of Coca-Cola and GAY TIMES in selecting the successful applicants will be final and feedback will not be provided to individual applicants.
- Selected acts will be required to sign a contract with GAY TIMES outlining the details of their participation in the campaign.
- Any personal information collected during the application process will be handled in accordance with GAY TIMES’ privacy policies.
- By applying for the Breakthrough campaign, applicants are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions and must act in good faith while working with Coca-Cola and GAY TIMES. Participation in the campaign does not guarantee any future opportunities or employment with Coca-Cola or GAY TIMES. The campaign is subject to change without notice, and GAY TIMES reserve the right to make changes to the terms and conditions at any time.