The New York Times called the production a “poignant and raw exploration of family, memory and sexuality”.
Based on Alison Bechdel’s memoir of the same name, this groundbreaking play chronicles the author’s discovery of her sexuality and her relationship with her secretive, secrative father.
The play is the first Broadway musical with a lesbian protagonist, and features a non-linear narrative provided by lead character, Alison.
It was nominated for 12 Tony Awards, winning five – including Best Musical – and received a nomination for Best Musical Theatre Album at the 2016 Grammy Awards.
Gay Times have teamed up with The Young Vic to offer you the chance to win a London theatre break for two, including a pair of best available tickets to see Fun Home on Saturday 11th August 2018. Oh, and an overnight stay at the Mondrian London at Sea Containers. Not too bad eh?
The prize will also include two programmes, two interval drink vouchers and a two-course pre-theatre dinner.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Competition closes on Monday 23rd July 2018 at 12pm and the winner will be drawn on 3pm on the same day.
- Prize consists of a pair of best available tickets to see Fun Home at the Young Vic on Saturday 11th August 2018 at 7.30pm, two programmes, an overnight stay in a double room with breakfast at Mondrian London and a 2-course pre-theatre dinner from the Riverside menu with a glass of house wine per person.
- All meals are served at Sea Containers Restaurant.
- Prize is valid for Saturday 11th August 2018 only and the winner must be available on this date as no alternative dates will be offered.
- Hotel prize is on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis. All additional expenses including but not limited to room service, laundry or telephone calls, must be guaranteed with a credit or debit card upon arrival at the hotel and settled by the winner prior to departure.
- All elements of the prize are strictly subject to availability and non-transferable.
- No cash alternative is available.
- For the avoidance of doubt, travel is not included and is at the winner’s own expense.
- The winners will be notified via email no more than 3 working days after the closing date. The winners have 3 days to accept the prize and respond to the promoter via phone or email, otherwise a new winner will be chosen at random.
- Competition open to UK residents only.
- Competition promoter is Shine Creative Solutions, 50 Long Acre, London, WC2E 9JR.