I don’t really know what the whole “murse” trend was a few years back, but purses don’t have a gender, and men can just call them “purses.” Yes, some purses are soft and feminine, other purses are hard and leather, some feel less like purses and more like “bags” but we promise there is a bag for every body, every style, every outfit.
Ditch the tote, please, and bring your loved one into their fashion era.Gift one of these six bags,many of them queer-owned or designed, to any It Girl (or Boy or They) looking for something this season.
1. D-Vina-Xxs by Diesel – Diesel has brought Y2K culture back with full force, and their new holiday campaign is a deliciously sex-positive homage to porn actors and sex work. This versatile micro bag has kitschy metal crystal charms and opens to a greater size for those who need to fit more than just a phone and a lip gloss.
2. The Raver Bag by Fang – Rave or not, this bag can be adjusted and worn as a sling bag, cross-body, or tiny backpack. The polished leather and firm structure give an industrial look that goes with literally everything when you’re about to head out.
3. BAGGU x Sandy Liang Bow Bag – You may have to hunt for this coveted seasonal item, but the Sandy Liang collab brought affordability to the luxury space — and cute little bows too. Comes in red, powder blue, and black.
4. The Syro Stiletto Bag – Don’t wait, this boot bag is destined to become the new it girl bag with its campy-chic concept and luxurious hardware heels and belt buckle. Syro is a brand that makes genderless heels for big footed babes, and now it comes as a bag to (in roomy size 43). There are three different colors, but Black is the way to go.
5. Ostrich Ana Bag by Luar – Raul Lopez won NYC fashion week and as a queer Dominicano has become one of the most influential, copied, and sought-after designers of our generation. His iconic Ana Bag is part of the reason for that, which is hits the runway in a new pattern or texture every season. The ostrich one is still our favorite as its versatility is still unique and stunty.
6. Star Bag by Coach – Chrome is in, Beyoncé decreed, and Coach released an array of silver metallic accessories in time for the holiday season. This Star Bag is just begging to be brought to a holiday party with structured handles or a removable cross-body strap.
This article is part of the GT Holiday Guide. We’re curating 50 (ish) gift ideas across a range of curated lists for all kinds of queer and trans people. These recommendations are not sponsored and are entirely editorially-led. Our range of gift options and price points ensure you can give a genuinely unique gift, no matter how you celebrate.