Terms and conditions
This Service is owned and operated by Gay Times Ltd., a company registered in England with company number 10611094 with its registered office at 81 Rivington Street, London, EC2A 3AY.
Where we use the term “Service” we mean any website, mobile site, app, application and/or other service, regardless of how distributed, transmitted, published, or broadcast and any related pages and Content, under our control.
Where we refer to “Content” we mean all content, information and material, including software, technology, text, links, posts, messages, emails, music, sound, graphics, pictures, video, games and all audio visual or other material available on or through the Service, whether posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available by us, our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers, or by you, and/or other users or third parties.
You understand and agree that we may add to or change these terms and conditions at any time. New terms and conditions are effective immediately upon posting to the Service. Your continued use of the Service shall constitute on-going acceptance of these terms and conditions, as updated from time-to-time. We therefore recommend that you check this page regularly.
CONTENT & COPYRIGHT T&Cs
The mention or appearance or likeness of any person in articles or advertising in Gay Times magazine or on www.gaytimes.co.uk, is not to be taken as any indication of sexual, social or political orientation of such persons or organisations.
No responsibility can be taken for any unsolicited materials and submission is construed as permission to publish without further correspondence. No part of this publication or its website can be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form without prior written permission from the publishers or without payment ot its digital delivery partners.
When posting comments or sharing articles from Gay Times with friends and other groups remember to act responsibly, politely and supportively. Gay Times will not tolerate threatening and abuse comments. When linking to other Gay Times pages on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, remember to also abide by their terms and conditions including posting of imagery as well as texts.
Third party links, service providers and linking to the Service
The Service may include links to services supplied by or operated by third parties including advertisers and other content providers. We do not control such linked services, and are not responsible for their content, functionality or legality. Those third parties may collect data or solicit personal information from you; we are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those services may collect. Linking to any other service or website from this Service is at your own risk.
The Service may also include certain features, functionality, and/or content that may be hosted, administered, supplied by or operated by third party service providers, such as social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, blogs, auctions, shopping, payment processing. These service providers may require that you agree to their additional terms, conditions, contracts, agreements and/or rules. Your compliance with any such additional terms, conditions, contracts, agreements and/or rules is solely your responsibility and will have no effect on your continuing obligation to comply with these terms and conditions. Gay Times Ltd. specifically disclaims any and all liability in connection with the acts or omissions of such third party service providers.
Any service that links to or otherwise interacts with this Service must not:
- Create a frame or any other browser or border environment around our Content, unless previously agreed with us;
- Harvest or scrape Content either from our pages, databases or our feeds and reuse for its own or public use, unless previously agreed with us;
- Imply that Gay Times Ltd. is endorsing it or its products or services;
- Infringe any intellectual property or other right of any person;
- Contain content that could be construed as illegal, distasteful, offensive, controversial or otherwise detrimental to Gay Times Ltd.’s reputation or commercial interests.
Gay Times Ltd. expressly reserves the right to require that any link or activity which is in breach of these terms and conditions be removed and/or ceased, and to take whatever other action we deem appropriate.
Competitions and Prizes
From time to time we may run competitions, free prize draws and promotions on the Service. These are subject to the Competition Terms & Conditions and/or separate terms and conditions that will be made available in each instance.
All business is conducted and orders are only accepted subject to the Standard Terms & Conditions set out below. ‘The Publisher’ refers to Gay Times Ltd. and ‘The Advertiser’ refers to the party to whom the services are supplied.
- These conditions shall apply to all advertisements accepted for publication and shall supersede any previously published Terms and Conditions of business. Any other condition stipulated, incorporated, or referred to by the Advertiser in its Purchase Order or negotiations shall be void unless incorporated clearly in written instructions and specifically accepted by the Publisher.
- All advertisements are accepted subject to the Publisher’s approval of the copy and to the space being available.
- The Publisher reserves the right to refuse, omit, amend or suspend an advertisement at any time without explanation, in which case no claim on the part of the Advertiser for damages or breach of contract shall arise. Should omission or suspension of an advertisement be due to the act or default of the Advertiser or his servants or agents, then the space reserved shall be paid for in full notwithstanding that the advertisement has not appeared.
- Orders should be accompanied by an official Purchase Order or written instructions signed by a duly authorised person. It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to ensure that only authorised persons place orders. Verbal instructions and orders are only accepted on the understanding that the Publisher will not be responsible for mistakes arising there from. The Publisher cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions in advertisements that have not been supplied to our print-ready specifications. The Publisher cannot accept liability for any errors due to third parties or sub-contractors.
- The Advertiser will ensure that the advertisement does not contravene any Act of Parliament and is in no way illegal or defamatory, or an infringement of any other party’s rights or an infringement of the British Code of Advertising Practice. The Advertiser will indemnify the Publisher fully in respect of any claim made against the Publisher arising from the advertisement.
- Prices are as stated in the Media Pack or as agreed at the time and date of the order, and are exclusive of VAT at the current rate, which shall be charged in addition where applicable and unless otherwise indicated. Advertisement rates are subject to revision at any time, and orders are accepted on condition that the price binds the Publisher only in respect of the next issue to go to press. In the event of a rate increase the Advertiser will have the option to cancel the order without surcharge or continue the order at the revised cost.
- All new orders must be prepaid unless an approved credit account already exists. New credit accounts will only be opened after obtaining two trade references or a credit reference acceptable to the Publisher. Credit accounts will not be given to Sole Traders, non Limited Partnerships or any non-UK Advertiser.
- Approved credit accounts are subject to settlement in full in accordance with terms noted on invoices. PPA or NPA recognised advertising agencies will be allowed 10% commission on the quoted rates as appropriate provided payment is made by the due date and all other requirements are strictly complied with. The Publisher reserves the right to charge interest monthly in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 for late settlement of accounts from the due date up to the receipt of payment. For avoidance of doubt, the Publisher reserves the right to cancel any future Advertisements (irrespective of whether applicable deposits have been paid) if any payment is overdue.
- Any size, agency, or series discounts are given in consideration of settlement being made within the Publisher’s credit terms set out in clause 8. Failure to pay within these terms will result in full Rate Card being charged. If the Advertiser cancels the balance of a contract he relinquishes any right to a previously negotiated series discount and advertisements will be paid for at the full rate, unless the contract has been suspended by decision of the Publisher -see clauses 2,3, and 8.
- Charges will be made to the Advertiser or his agent where the printers are involved in extra production work owing to acts or defaults of the Advertiser or his servants or agents. Additional cost incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production will be charged, except if the whole or any part of such additional cost could have been avoided but for additional delay by the Publisher or his servants in ascertaining the unsuitability of materials so supplied.
- All property supplied to the Publisher by or on behalf of the Advertiser shall, while it is in the possession of the Publisher or agents of the Publisher, or in transit to or from the Advertiser, be deemed at the Advertiser’s risk unless otherwise agreed, and the Advertiser should insure accordingly. The Publisher shall be under no liability if it shall be unable to carry out any provision of the Contract for any reason beyond its control, including Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike, or other dispute. The Publisher reserves the right to destroy all artwork and associated materials which has been in its custody for 12 months from the date of its last appearance.
- At least four weeks’ notice in writing prior to copy date is required to stop or suspend an insertion.
- Complaints regarding reproduction or placement of advertisements must be made in writing and must be received within four weeks of the on-sale date of the issue in question.
- If copy instructions are not received by the relevant copy date, no guarantees can be given that the proofs will be supplied for corrections made, and the Publisher reserves the right to repeat the most appropriate copy available.
- These Terms and Conditions, together with the Media Pack, constitute the entirety of the Contract between the Publisher and the Advertiser. The Contract is deemed to take place at the offices of the Publisher. No variation of or addition to the same shall be of legal effect, and no employee or agent of the Publisher is authorised to make any representation binding upon the Publisher, unless such variation or addition is made in writing and signed by a Director of the company, Gay Times Ltd.
- These Terms and Conditions and all other express terms of the Contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
Updated: 19 March 2018
CELEBRITY CRUISES COMPETITION:
By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions). Completion and submission of an entry form or e-mail will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Competition, including all information on how to enter the Competition published in publications of the Promoter (including social media if applicable) or on the Promoter’s websites, also apply to this Competition. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Participation in the Competition
- Residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland aged 18 or over only, except employees and agents of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Competition (including third party promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
- The Competition starts at 00:01 am (UK time) on 4 October 2019 and closes at 12:00 pm (UK time) on 4 December 2019 (the Competition Period). Any entries received outside the Competition Period will be void.
- Participants may make a maximum of 1 entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
- To enter you must submit the form via www.gaytimes.co.uk during the Competition Period only.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove or temporarily suspend from the Competition any entries submitted if, in its reasonable opinion, it suspects any breach of these Terms and Conditions or if it receives any complaint from a third party relating to such entry.
- Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Competition is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access if they enter the Competition online or by email.
Winners and Prizes
- There will be 1 winner. One Prize per winner.
- The winner will be picked at random.
- The Prize is a cruise holiday for two people on a 7 night Spain, France and Italy cruise. Prize includes a 7 night cruise for two people (one of whom should be 18 or over) on the Celebrity Apex cruise ship departing on 20th June 2020 from Barcelona, Spain (Prize). Please note Celebrity Cruises do not allow anyone in their 24th week of pregnancy or past this stage of pregnancy to board. Winner and guest will be sharing a balcony stateroom. Accommodation is provided on a full board basis. Prize includes flights for two people from a UK airport to Barcelona and from Rome to a UK airport. Prize includes transfers to and from a UK airport. Prize does not include any speciality dining, drinks package, discretionary tips to staff on board, shore excursions, laundry, spa, drinks or other chargeable amenities available on board the ship. Winner and his/her guest must travel on same itinerary. All parts of Prize must be used in conjunction with same booking. Winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for ensuring they have valid travel documentation (including passports having at least six months validity on the return date/visa/visa waiver as may be required), obtaining adequate travel insurance and appropriate vaccinations / inoculations for foreign travel at their own expense.
- The Prize is subject to the booking terms and conditions of Celebrity Cruise which can be found at https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/booking-conditions/.
- Prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no changes shall be permissible. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part. The Prize cannot be sold and may only be redeemed by the individual Winner.
- The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Competition, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter is unable to award the Prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the Prize. The Promoter also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the Prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
- Winner will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided to the Promoter within 14 days after the end of the Competition Period. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Competition Period. Winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- Winner will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 14 days of having been notified. The Winner must confirm all details required for the booking of the Prize cruise including all details for their travelling companion by 20th February 2020. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified or the winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
Data Protection and Publicity
- The Promoter will collect and process participants’ personal information and it will be shared with the Promoter’s agents, affiliates and, if applicable, any third party prize provider (including those outside the European Economic Area). Information provided by participants will only be used for the purpose of conducting this Competition (including for prizes to be delivered) and other purposes as may be specified at the time of entry or on promotional materials.
- Subject to the participants’ consent, the participants’ names and general locations will be published or made publicly available if they are the winner of the Competition in accordance with regulatory requirements. In such circumstances, the Promoter may also make free use of this information and the participants’ photographs for publicity and news purposes, both during this and future promotions by the Promoter. This includes, subject to the participants’ consent, making their name available on the Promoter’s websites and social media platforms. The winner and any guests will not be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the participants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Competition, their entry will be void.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of Celebrity Cruises or other third parties concerned in any way with the Competition. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be directed to Celebrity Cruises.
- Participants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Competition or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant’s ability to participate in the Competition. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Competition.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other participants (including tampering with the operation of the Competition, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Competition at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Competition, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Competition as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the Website).
- If you are a resident of the United Kingdom then these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Competition or these Terms and Conditions (except if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland). If you are a resident of Ireland then these Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and the Irish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Competition or these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter of this Competition is Gay Times Ltd 81 Rivington Street, London, EC2A 3AY (the Promoter).
On Website T&Cs