Marketing and Events Assistant
We are looking for an ambitious, hard-working and creative professional for the full-time role of Marketing and Events Assistant. You’ll report directly to the Marketing Manager and will play a key role in revenue growth and in the evolution of Gay Times.
Working alongside the Marketing Manager:
- Managing reader competitions, subscription offers and gifting;
- Promotion of each issue;
- Increasing single issue sales;
- Increasing annual subscriptions, both print and digital;
- Managing newsstand efficiency;
- Managing MailChimp, mailing lists and creating weekly newsletters;
- Identifying PR opportunities for the magazine;
- Developing and implementing plans to increase social media reach;
- Developing and implementing plans to increase engagement;
- Developing and implementing social media calendar;
- Providing creative and administrative assistance with the launch of new brand verticals; and
- General administration as required, including weekly and monthly reporting on subscriptions, Google Analytics, social media insights and mailing lists (open rates, click-throughs).
Working alongside the Event and Partnerships Manager:
- Ideation and activation of Gay Times reader events;
- Management and implementation of media partnerships;
- Administration, including invoicing, invitations, etc.; and
- On-site support at selected events.
A flair for copy writing. A grammar nut. Familiar with Photoshop. An autodidact. Ambitious. A self-starter. A keen eye for detail. You’ll thrive under pressure. You’re adaptable. You’re a leader, but you work well in a team and take direction well. You’re not afraid of feedback. You’re always looking for ways to improve. You’re a problem solver. You’re an ideas person. You love customer service. You care deeply about user experience. You have a passion for media. You’re a consumer. You know how consumers think. You have a finger on the pulse of the future.
- 1-2 years working in events;
- 1 year in a marketing role;
- Experience with Photoshop; and
- Adept at social media, with an understanding how to make the most of each channel.
Even better if you also have:
- Experience in producing / editing video content; and
- Experience in media sales.
If you think you’re well-suited to the role, please send through your CV with a covering letter to Josh Rivers, with the subject line: Marketing and Events Assistant Application.
Finally, personality and drive are important to us. Perhaps your professional experience doesn’t exactly match up to what we’ve listed above, but you think you’ve got what it takes. If role excites you, send over your CV with a cover letter telling us why and we’ll take a look.