“Drag will never be mainstream.”
RuPaul’s Drag Race has just scored an astounding 12 nominations at the 70th Primetime Emmy Awards.
The reality competition has been nominated for the following:
- Outstanding Casting for a Reality Program
- Outstanding Cinematography for a Reality Program
- Outstanding Costumes Variety, Fiction or Reality Programming
- Outstanding Directing for a Reality Program
- Outstanding Picture Editing for a Structured or Competition Reality Program
- Outstanding Hairstyling for a Multi-Camera Series or Special
- Outstanding Creative Achievement in Interactive Media within an Unscripted Program
- Outstanding Makeup for a Multi-Camera Series of Special (Non-Prosthetic)
- Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program
- Outstanding Reality-Competition Program
- Outstanding Picture Editing for an Unstructured Reality Program (Untucked)
- Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program (Untucked)
Can Mama Ru make it a hat-trick and win her third consecutive Emmy for Outstanding Host?
Netflix’s acclaimed revival of Queer Eye also received four Emmy nominations including Structured Reality Program.
Darren Criss’ lauded portrayal of serial killer Andrew Cuchanan in The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story earned the American actor a nod for Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie. The series also received a further eight nominations.
Queen Sarah Paulson received another nomination for Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie for her work on American Horror Story: Cult.
For the full list of nominees, visit here.