Azealia Banks: The ‘LGBT community are like the gay white KKK’

Press

In a now deleted tweet the controversial rapper Azealia Banks allegedly compared the LGBT community to the white supremacist group the Ku Klux Klan.

The tweet, which was captured by the Metro, reads: “LGBT community (GGGG) are like the gay white KKK’s. Get them some pink hoods and unicorns and let them rally down rodeo drive.”

banks10

This created an immediate backlash from twitter users including Charlie Condou and Alison Newman.

Azealia decided to reply to the pair in a measured and polite manner…

She’s started starring out the word ‘faggot’, so that’s progress right?

Banks then goes on to say: “Are their [gay men] feelings more important than ours? Why do they deserve respect that they don’t give us? Alison Newman calmly replied saying: “Everyone’s feelings are the same. What’s your problem?”

Azealia finished by saying: “If I have to stop using derogatory language to refer to gay men. Then they must give me the same courtesy. Simple.”

She doesn’t seem to be too bothered by how this entire saga might affect her record sales… Or music piracy for that matter.

She also gave one user some tip-top advice for young women:

Banks then went on to talk about how funny the whole experience was:

Vicky Vox stepped in to try and see things from her side:

What do you think?

Comments

More

Netflix renews Dead to Me for third and final season

Mayhem Miller reveals why she chose her own lipstick on Drag Race All Stars 5

Halle Berry steps down from transgender film role following backlash

Our interview with Juice Boxx proves why her time on Canada’s Drag Race was cut too short

Philips Hue outdoor smart lighting will give your garden a glow-up – review

Sam Smith officially releases fan favourite cover of Coldplay classic Fix You

Scotland will become the first country in the world to add LGBTQ+ history to school curriculum

Kameron Michaels felt “uneasy” to compete against Shea Couleé on Drag Race All Stars

Press enter to search