Aaron Carter comes out as bisexual in an emotional letter to fans

Instagram

The 29-year-old American singer said “this doesn’t bring me shame”.

On Saturday night, Aaron Carter came out as bisexual in an emotional letter to his fans on Twitter and Instagram.

The American singer admitted that it “doesn’t bring me shame, just a weight and burden I have held onto for a long time that I would like lifted off of me.”

He also said: “I grew up in this entertainment industry at a very young age and when I was around 13-years-old I started to find boys and girls attractive.

“There were years that went by that I thought about it, but it wasn’t until I was 17-years-old, after a few relationships with girls, I had an experience with a male that I had an attraction to who I also worked with and grew up with.”

Aaron concluded: “I never want to be a figure of disappointment,” along with a quote from Boy George – “I’ve never felt as though I didn’t belong, I just acted as though I did.”

Read the full letter below.

Comments

More

Strictly Come Dancing’s first week was unmissable – here’s what happened

Malaysia’s prime minister says that his country cannot accept LGBTQ rights

YouTuber Andrea Russett comes out as bisexual in a moving post

Adam Rippon will be donating his Olympic outfit and skates to the Smithsonian

Tokyo aims to get rid of anti-LGBTQ discrimination before the 2020 Olympics

Bi Visibility Day: It can sometimes be hardest to confront the prejudices we hold ourselves

Cuban president Miguel Diaz-Canel voices support for same-sex marriage

Writer who said that Bert and Ernie were written as a “loving couple” says his comments were misrepresented

Press enter to search