Caitlyn Jenner: “I am 100% behind gay marriage”

Caitlyn Jenner has clarified her stance on same-sex marriage.

When asked in an interview with Diane Sawyer about her views on same-sex marriage, she said: “I am 100% behind gay marriage – let’s clear that up right now. I am 100% for gay marriage.”

Related: Caitlyn Jenner blames Ellen for ‘alienating’ her from LGBT+ community

“I think two years ago you said that it’s an “evolving process”, Dianne pushed Caitlyn on – receiving a short and firm reply.

“Which it was!” Caitlyn adding: “But I am, get it straight – I am all for it.”

Appearing on Ellen in 2015 after coming out as transgender, Caitlyn caused uproar when she discussed her hesitation to accept same-sex marriage, despite being part of the LGBT+ community herself. It’s an interview Caitlyn has since blamed on ‘alienating’ her from LGBT+ community.

Caitlyn previously slammed President Trump after he backtracked on trans bathroom protections.

She said: “I have a message for the trans kids of America – you’re winning. I know it doesn’t feel like it today, or every day, but you’re winning. Very soon we will win full freedom, nationwide, and its going to be with bipartisan support.

“Now I have a message for the bullies: You’re sick. And because you’re weak, you pick on kids, you pick on women, or anyone else you think is vulnerable.”

Watch her message below.

Related: Caitlyn Jenner says Trump’s trans protection rollback is a “disaster”

Caitlyn recently confirmed she’s had gender reassignment surgery in new autobiography.

“I just want to have all the right parts. I am also tired of tucking the damn thing in all the time,” Caitlyn writes in the memoirs, according to an excerpt obtained by Radar Online.

“The surgery was a success, and I feel not only wonderful, but liberated.”

Comments

More

This original character on Fuller House just came out as bisexual

Photographer criticises Instagram for taking down Antoni Porowski images

The Tell-Tale Heart a creepy interpretation of Edgar Allan Poe’s short story – review

Drag Race fans can’t believe this scene from All Stars 4 was cut

Bohemian Rhapsody becomes highest grossing biopic of all time

Matt Smith stars in first trailer for new Robert Mapplethorpe biopic

Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan to star as lovers in new movie

Report finds that Russia’s ‘gay propaganda’ law is harming children

Press enter to search