Michael Gove is getting sued for firing magistrate opposed to same-sex adoption

YouTube

Michael Gove will be sued for sacking magistrate who spoke out against adoption by gay couples.

The Independent reports that Richard Page, a Christian magistrate from Kent, was sacked for comments made on the BBC in 2015. In an interview, he said that “as a magistrate, as I saw it, was to do what I considered best for the child, and my feeling was therefore that it would be better if was a man and a woman who were the adopted parents.”

At the time, Page was suspended and given equality re-training, but was sacked for his “biased and prejudice” views. The Judicial Conduct Investigations Office believe that this shows that any “reasonable person” would be able to see his bias against gay couples.

Despite that, Richard Page has decided to sue Michael Gove, calling his dismissal “intolerant”. Speaking of intolerance, he went on to say: “I believe that there is not sufficient evidence to convince me that placing a child in the care of a same-sex couple can be as holistically beneficial to a child as placing them with a mum and dad as God and Nature intended.”

The jokes write themselves, don’t they?

Watch Richard Page’s original interview below:

Comments

More

Brooke Lynn Hytes defends Canada’s Drag Race contestant from online trolls

Non-binary Black Lives Matter protestor Summer Taylor killed during peaceful demonstration

ALMA shares her ultimate Pride Anthems playlist – listen here

Brazilian man becomes first ever person to be “cured” of HIV with medication alone

Two more Black trans women have been killed in the US in the past week

Netflix renews Dead to Me for third and final season

Mayhem Miller reveals why she chose her own lipstick on Drag Race All Stars 5

Halle Berry steps down from transgender film role following backlash

Press enter to search