George Shelley: “I’ve had girlfriends, but I’ve also had boyfriends”

Press / ITV

Union J band member George Shelley has opened up about his sexuality in a new video on YouTube.

In a video titled “I’ve got something to talk about”, the singer revealed that during his time on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! he decided it was time to be true to himself.

He said: “I’ve been reading a lot of speculation online as to whether I’m straight, or gay, or bi, and all these labels are a little bit old fashioned, which is why I’m not going to label it myself.

“I’ve had girlfriends that I’ve loved, and they’ve been amazing periods of my life, but I’ve also had boyfriends, and I just want you to know that whether I decide to be with a girl next, or be with a guy next, that it’s because I love them.

“So yeah, there it is. I’ve not changed, I’m still me, I’m still the same person I’ve always been, I’m just becoming a little bit less scared of being myself, and that makes me quite happy.”

Watch the video below.

Congratulations, George!

There’s been a great response from fans on social media so far.

Comments

More

Canadian politician claims passing ban on gay ‘conversion therapy’ is putting “child abuse into law”

Andrea Di Giovanni’s new single is about encouraging love in all its forms

This Japanese region is the country’s first to make outing someone illegal

Here’s who each queen chose to eliminate on Drag Race All Stars 5

Charli XCX calls on her LGBTQ+ fanbase to support Black trans people

Drag Race All Stars 5 premiere reveals first lip sync assassin

Here’s where Lady Gaga’s new album Chromatica debuted on the UK charts

Bob, Eureka and Shangela’s incredible HBO series We’re Here renewed for season 2

Press enter to search