George Shelley: “I’ve had girlfriends, but I’ve also had boyfriends”

Press / ITV

Union J band member George Shelley has opened up about his sexuality in a new video on YouTube.

In a video titled “I’ve got something to talk about”, the singer revealed that during his time on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! he decided it was time to be true to himself.

He said: “I’ve been reading a lot of speculation online as to whether I’m straight, or gay, or bi, and all these labels are a little bit old fashioned, which is why I’m not going to label it myself.

“I’ve had girlfriends that I’ve loved, and they’ve been amazing periods of my life, but I’ve also had boyfriends, and I just want you to know that whether I decide to be with a girl next, or be with a guy next, that it’s because I love them.

“So yeah, there it is. I’ve not changed, I’m still me, I’m still the same person I’ve always been, I’m just becoming a little bit less scared of being myself, and that makes me quite happy.”

Watch the video below.

Congratulations, George!

There’s been a great response from fans on social media so far.

Comments

More

Soho SoulTown at 100 Wardour St: London’s ultimate mid-week live music destination

Jessica Lange makes dramatic return to American Horror Story: Apocalypse

Is this the cast of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4?

Merlot on femme-shaming and creating queer spaces for the LGBTQ community

Little Mix announce massive UK tour in support of upcoming album LM5

Ezra Miller says Dumbledore’s queerness is “extremely explicit” in Fantastic Beasts 2

The Boulet Brothers unveil first teaser for Dragula season 3

Emma Watson: “Trans rights are human rights”

Press enter to search