Rebecca Black comes out as queer

“Some days, I feel a little more on the ‘gay’ side than others.”

Rebecca Black has come out as a member of the LGBTQ community.

The singer, who rose to fame in 2011 with her viral hit Friday, spoke about her sexuality for the first time on a recent episode of the Dating Straight podcast, admitting that she has recently been through a breakup with a woman.

“I made a conscious decision to not, like, ‘come out,'” she said on video to hosts Jack Dodge and Amy Ordman. “People started asking and I stopped not responding. I’m still in the process, it feels like.”

Black said she’s hesitant to put a label on her sexuality because her feelings regularly change, but identifies as queer.

“Every day is different. It’s something that over the past few years I’ve obviously been having a lot of conversations with myself. I think to me the word ‘queer’ feels really nice. I’ve dated a lot of different types of people,” she said.

“I don’t really know what the future holds. Some days I feel a little more on the gay side than others.”

The star continued to say that she’s not looking for a relationship at this current moment in time. “I don’t really want to date right now, but even if I did, I have no choice,” she joked. “Unless I want to get on Raya and Skype date them? No.”

In a YouTube video earlier this year, Rebecca said she admires the LGBTQ community because “they embrace inclusiveness.”

“I definitely see sexuality as being on a spectrum,” she continued. “You can definitely be on one end of the spectrum or the other. With there being a spectrum, there is this huge middle ground. I definitely see myself as being on that spectrum.”

Watch Rebecca Black come out as queer on the Dating Straight podcast below.

Comments

More

Don Lemon calls out “Hollywood elite” for staying silent on US protests

10 books about racism and Black lives white people should be reading right now

Here are some incredible anti-racism charities you can donate to in the UK

Eyewitness to Tony McDade’s murder says police “jumped right out the car and started shooting”

Here’s how you can donate to the Black Lives Matter movement in the US

Grindr removes ethnicity filter following mass criticism

Munroe Bergdorf calls out L’Oréal over hypocritical Black Lives Matter post

HBO’s new voguing series Legendary is the queer breakout hit of 2020

Press enter to search