The Advertising Sales Manager will be responsible for leading the advertising sales team in order to surpass targets and generate sales across our multi platform portfolio.
Through the monthly magazine, digital editions and websites, the Gay Times brand has built a strong reputation as a market leader in the LGBTQ space.
The role involves leading an existing advertising sales team as well as performing an active sales role across both print and digital media.
The Advertising Sales Manager will personally represent Gay Times at senior client and agency level and actively engage in sales pitches and proposals to grow the advertising sales base of the title.
The Advertising Sales Manager will be responsible for financial forecasting and sales planning. You will be required to engage the editors, content producers, marketing and publishing teams in delivering against this plan.
- Manage and deliver income from print and digital advertising
- Make a sizeable personal contribution to monthly sales effort
- Develop and execute specific web/digital sales strategy
- Work with editorial team to maximise commercial opportunities
- Execute agreed strategy to ensure the hitting and exceeding of budgeted sales targets
- Identify new commercial opportunities for the brand, developing documented plans and implementing to achieve agreed objectives
- Provide weekly/monthly sales figures, targets and forecasts to the CEO
- Lead the digital campaign reporting and analysis for internal/client use
- Show a clear understanding of financial forecasting and budgets plus actively contribute to budget and re-forecast process
- Identify and set measurable sales targets and sales standards
- Develop, coach and mentor team members
- Accompany the sales team on occasion during visits to major clients
- Consistently seek out and develop new revenue streams
- Drive innovation and best practice in advertising with a focus on delivering greater revenue, share and profit year on year
- Ensure that all advertising sales team members are able to fully exploit all multi platform opportunities to maximize advertising sales
- Focus, align and build a high performing team
- Create an environment in which all talent is valued, nurtured and can thrive
- Work effectively with peers, partners and others to positively impact business performance
- Continually re-evaluate team structures and how costs are allocated in line with the changing importance of different revenue streams
- Stay abreast of all new technological and digital developments which could provide an opportunity for, or impact upon, the business
Desired Skills and Experience
- A demonstrable track record in driving sales and innovation
- Experience in creating and executing sales strategies/plans
- Extensive B2C media sales experience in a leadership role
- Proven experience in leading a digital first publishing sales strategy
- Proven experience in organising and managing others to best results
- Track record of working with both creative and commercial teams
- Ability to deliver a transformational growth strategy and drive performance to enhance value
- Analytically and strategically minded
- Strong numeracy and written communication skills
- Digitally switched on
Please apply with CV and cover letter to James Frost at email@example.com (CEO, Gay Times)
Finally, personality and drive are important to us. Perhaps your professional experience doesn’t exactly match up to what we’ve listed above, but you think you’ve got what it takes. If the role excites you, send over your CV with a cover letter telling us why and we’ll take a look.