The team behind BANG, one of East London’s most notorious, outrageous and unadulterated gay nights, has teamed up with the brilliant boys at Bala Baya to host a big gay brunch on Sunday 23 April.
BANG’s famed party revelry, hot guys and banging beats descend on Bala Baya – a kaleidoscopic space in Southwark, inspired by Bauhaus architecture, that allows you to experience the sun-kissed youthfulness of Tel Aviv – for a party brunch like no other.
Starting at 2.30pm, everyone will enjoy a welcome Gazozini cocktail while getting the chance to let their hair down and mingle. Adding an extra air of fun, BANG are introducing the Ticket Roulette where all guests will each receive a mystery table number on arrival, dictating where and who they will be sitting with. If you’ve never been to BANG before, fear not; the crowd is hot.
While relaxing and enjoying the afternoon, guests will enjoy the seriously scrumptious beats BANG have become known for, and the Gay Times will be on the ground serving up social media deliciousness.
● House cured salmon – with shawarma spice, preserved lemon & dill jellies, rhubarb and candied beets crisps
● Hummus & Chickpea Salsa – With braised oxtail (available without ox for veggies)
● Cauliflower – With crumble, syrup, yoghurt
● Crispy, Sticky, Crunchy – Chicken, bitter orange, butternut squash, harissa kimchi
● Lamb and dumplings – Lamb neck, quince, Persian dumplings, young pecorino, jus
● Chunky Israeli salad with fragrant herbs & feta
● Unlimited homemade pitta!
● Dessert: Very pink Malibu Malabi
The party doesn’t end when the food does, though, of course. Bala Baya serves the Tel Aviv heat and the BANG DJs will be spinning tunes until late, with cocktails flowing all night.